At University Elementary School, we offer Summer Reading lists to our students, along with a plan to encourage them to read a variety of books. Please help your child get a head start for school by reading appropriate books over the summer. You may read books from the list or choose some of your own titles. Look for books on your shelves at home, at the local bookstores, and at the Shreve Memorial Library. Students may also take Accelerated Reader tests over these books when they return to school. Go to www.arbookfind.comto check AR book level and points.
- Set a goal together and encourage reading throughout the summer with library visits, story time at home, and conversations about books. Let your child see you reading.
- Encourage your child to participate and track reading minutes either with a paper log or online at www.scholastic.com/summer. It is a kid-friendly, safe online community where students can be part of a record-setting global team, log reading minutes, and enjoy activities geared for all ages.
- Download summer reading booklists chosen specifically for your child’s age at www.scholastic.com/parents.
Please help your child do the following:
- Keep up with the books he or she has read. Use the form below or list them on a piece of paper. Please include the title, author, and your signature.
- Return to school with a list of what he or she has read, including things you may have read to him.
Kasie Mainiero, Principal
Amy Fullilove, Librarian